Monday, November 8, 2010

North Texas RPGCon 3


Here are some updates on guests, registration times, and my Workshop I'll be running at the convention.

From the con's website:


"We have 9 confirmed guests attending in 2011: (Erol Otus, Rob Kuntz, Jason Braun, Tim Kask, Dennis Sustare, Steve Winter, Frank Mentzer, Paul Jaquays, Steve Marsh). The lineup includes several of the more important figures in the history of RPGs as a whole and Dungeons & Dragons in particular.

"Game Event registration won't be open until April 15th, 2011! You must register for the con and pay your fee (either daily or weekend) before you are able to register for games."

Here's the direct link to the site:  LINK.

And details about my workshop:


SEE YOU THERE! :)

7 comments:

Bob Reed said...

This should be great fun!

On Sunday morning I'll be running a session of OD&D + Spelljammer: Asteroid Crypts of the Xylbocx Star Cult.

Rob Kuntz said...

Good Show! Btw: Every time I see your avatar I want to DM my "Bottle City" adventure... ;)

See you there! :)

Rob Kuntz said...

BTW: I Love your title, "Asteroid Crypts of the Xylbocx Star Cult." Hopefully I will be free some time that Sunday to take a look-see as it appears right up my alley of no holds barred, imaginative play.

Chris Kutalik said...

I love how Texas has managed to become one of the premiere spots for the OSR. Kudos to Bad Mike and the other organizers for making--and sustaining such a great event.

Rob Kuntz said...

Yeah, I'm with you in spirit there; and even if people don't consider themselves part of the OSR, as many do not who attend, they are all welcome, of course, for after all, CLASSIC gaming is where it's at as has always been. :)

Badmike said...

I'm also looking forward to Cyclopeatron's OD&D meets Spelljammer gaming! This year's games are turning out to be very SF oriented....Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, and now Spelljammer making an appearance. Also looking forward to your seminar, Rob...

Rob Kuntz said...

Hey Mike. I too look forward to the mix of fantastic story-telling and game events that will derive from such diverse, imaginative matter. When I DMed "Dungeon of Death" last year it was a hit; and therein lies a clue, it seems, that our enchantments have no one course, and that it is in the telling and in the participation where all such matter finds root and inspires us beyond the shores we so eagerly cling to.

I also look forward to participating full throttle in the Workshop. It will not only be insightful and thus rewarding in that manner, but also a lot of fun.